Imagine ifJack Nunge was still around

This.
With him we had all the pieces in place for a NC team.
Jack Nunge would not have made this a NC team. Luka, Weezy, Nunge and Frederick and we could have made a run but probably still would’ve got knocked out in the sweet sixteen. Iowa is not winning a NC ever.

Jack Nunge would not have made this a NC team. Luka, Weezy, Nunge and Frederick and we could have made a run but probably still would’ve got knocked out in the sweet sixteen. Iowa is not winning a NC ever.
NUNGE WOULD HAVE BAILED US OUT YESTERDAY, BUT THE BACKCOURT JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE A DEEP TOURNAMENT RUN. I MEAN I GET IT. THE CUPBOARD WAS BARE WHEN FRAN GOT IN AND THINGS GOT BAD WHEN JOHN LICKLITER TRANSFERRED OUT, BUT FRAN HAS ONLY HAD 12 YEARS TO REBUILD SO PEOPLE NEED TO GIVE HIM A LITTLE MORE TIME. LIKE A DECADE OR SO.

NUNGE WOULD HAVE BAILED US OUT YESTERDAY, BUT THE BACKCOURT JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE A DEEP TOURNAMENT RUN. I MEAN I GET IT. THE CUPBOARD WAS BARE WHEN FRAN GOT IN AND THINGS GOT BAD WHEN JOHN LICKLITER TRANSFERRED OUT, BUT FRAN HAS ONLY HAD 12 YEARS TO REBUILD SO PEOPLE NEED TO GIVE HIM A LITTLE MORE TIME. LIKE A DECADE OR SO.
It's already rebuilt, it hasn't taken a step to elite or next level but again, it never had or has with a few rare moments you can point to throughout the last 100 years. You are expecting something Iowa has never done with regularity.

It's already rebuilt, it hasn't taken a step to elite or next level but again, it never had or has with a few rare moments you can point to throughout the last 100 years. You are expecting something Iowa has never done with regularity.

Correct, the last 50-60 years has seen some Big 10 titles and tourney titles, most times finishing in the top half of the Bball standings, making some post-season waves but also having a lot of NCAA fails under Lute, Alford and Fran.

I didnt fall for the Final Four talk. Yes, Iowa had the players that if they had a perfect run of great shooting it could cover up their flaws of not having a great penetrating pt guard and enough rebounding and defensive size.

NO, BUD, I JUST WANT THE RARE MOMENT. I KNOW IOWA AIN'T GUN' BE DUKE. THIS TEAM GAVE ME HOPE. HOPE IS THE WORST THING FOR AN IOWA FAN. EVERY TIME I BUILD UP HOPE, I TELL MYSELF "OKEEFE, YOU MUST NEVER HAVE HOPE AGAIN" AND THEN LO AND BEHOLD, WE DO SOMETHING LIKE BEAT PENN STATE IN FOOTBALL AND GET TO NUMERO DOS OR WE PUT TOGETHER A NICE END TO A SEASON AND I START GETTING STARS IN MY EYES. AND THEN REALITY SETS IN. WE PLAY PURDUE AND GET OUR ASSES HANDED TO US OR WE MEET SOME POWERHOUSE BASKETBALL TEAM LIKE NORTHWESTERN STATE OR RICHMOND.

NO, BUD, I JUST WANT THE RARE MOMENT. I KNOW IOWA AIN'T GUN' BE DUKE. THIS TEAM GAVE ME HOPE. HOPE IS THE WORST THING FOR AN IOWA FAN. EVERY TIME I BUILD UP HOPE, I TELL MYSELF "OKEEFE, YOU MUST NEVER HAVE HOPE AGAIN" AND THEN LO AND BEHOLD, WE DO SOMETHING LIKE BEAT PENN STATE IN FOOTBALL AND GET TO NUMERO DOS OR WE PUT TOGETHER A NICE END TO A SEASON AND I START GETTING STARS IN MY EYES. AND THEN REALITY SETS IN. WE PLAY PURDUE AND GET OUR ASSES HANDED TO US OR WE MEET SOME POWERHOUSE BASKETBALL TEAM LIKE NORTHWESTERN STATE OR RICHMOND.
Hey bud, I get it, you want fiction… keep holding out and demanding something that takes a stroke of luck and circumstance to happen.

Latest posts