Howe: '22 Hawkeyes Now Can Cement Special Legacy

Nope. I think had Fran won this expected first round against a poor opponent then lost to a good Providence team, fans prob would have said "yep Good ol Fran lost again 2nd round but hey, took a step won a Conf Tourney". But alas.....

This team feels different. Being around them, there's a special vibe and connection when seeing them interact on and off the court.

I think I felt that way in '06. Can't remember.

Watching the emotion yesterday was pretty cool.

you have nobody to blame but yourself for the 2006 comment Rob

The truth is that there is no explanation for this loss today.

Would be interesting to find out what was going on to prepare for this game on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. How do you go from looking like a final four team to the ninth to eleventh seed in the conference that everyone thought you would be?

What ever the hell Fran does to prepare for the tournament isn’t working.
Sure looked like they didn't come from the high in time. And the same thing happened to Illinois in the conference tournament.

I posted during the week that Richmond wasn't going to giive a flying F what we did last weekend.

These guys have been around the block enough times and should have known better.

Sure looked like they didn't come the high in time. And the same thing happened to Illinois in the conference tournament.

I posted during the week that Richmond wasn't going to giive a flying F what we did last weekend.

These guys have been around the block enough times and should have known better.
I agree

I told a friend at half time that this game had the feel of a trap game. Flat after a huge win and playing a team that no one expected to beat us.

We saw some of the weakest spots of our team exposed today. Fortunately during the regular season and in the BTT someone else would rise and carry the team when it was needed. Not today.

The truth is that there is no explanation for this loss today.

Would be interesting to find out what was going on to prepare for this game on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. How do you go from looking like a final four team to the ninth to eleventh seed in the conference that everyone thought you would be?
Wondered the same thing ... did they even practice? At least use a Wilson ball, for FS.

Sure looked like they didn't come from the high in time. And the same thing happened to Illinois in the conference tournament.

I don't think Richmond is that good and it was a choke job by Iowa. I'm over it... let's see who stays and who goes for 22-23 and go from there.

I don't think Richmond is that good and it was a choke job by Iowa. I'm over it... let's see who stays and who goes for 22-23 and go from there.
Call me a daisy if you want but what we did last weekend takes some of the sting out of this.

And now in the evening games the upsets are comin. That helps. A tiny bit.

I've become desensitized to what happened yesterday after covering Iowa athletics for a quarter of a century.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

I've become desensitized to what happened yesterday after covering Iowa athletics for a quarter of a century.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
It’s a bad thing, but believe me I understand.

What ever the hell Fran does to prepare for the tournament isn’t working.
Frans style works best when were playing downhill. Which is tougher to do in the NCAA'S.

What is really puzzling is that when we do get down in NCAA games we seem to do a better job of mounting strong comebacks. Temple, Cincinnati, and the two Tennessee games immediately come to mind.

We played today like our feet were stuck in the cement we were going to use for our legacy.

Various Cartoon Awesomeness