Worth it to win Conference tourny??

Scott Leclair

Have been a lot of high ranking schools losing to “bubble teams” early in their conference tournaments. With most of the top schools already knowing what seed they will be and the lower teams still trying to get in. Curious if they are not putting a lot of effort into their conference tournaments as to rest up or heal for the big dance.

Nice to see Iowa scoring and playing great ball lately. Highly doubt Fran wants to stop that momentum. Just Praying it continues into the big dance. A sweet 16 or better would be a hell of season!!

Have been a lot of high ranking schools losing to “bubble teams” early in their conference tournaments. With most of the top schools already knowing what seed they will be and the lower teams still trying to get in. Curious if they are not putting a lot of effort into their conference tournaments as to rest up or heal for the big dance.

Nice to see Iowa scoring and playing great ball lately. Highly doubt Fran wants to stop that momentum. Just Praying it continues into the big dance. A sweet 16 or better would be a hell of season!!
I said it yesterday as well. Auburn, Baylor, Illinois losing i think these teams see big picture and thats the ncaa tournament they want to be healthy and rested up for that they dont give it there all in these conference tournaments when they already know there place in the big tourney.

These are 18 to 24 year old athletes. There shouldn’t be any need to save themselves for a game that’s not going to happen for another 4 days. I would think that practices are more physically demanding than games. Not to mention being able to carry over the momentum of a conference tournament run and/or championship. Let’s win the championship. Go Hawks.

I remember the 2015 CCG, Wisconsin vs Michigan State, being an absolute war. Every ounce of effort was left on the floor, no one was worrying about saving themselves for the NCAA'S. I remember Wisconsins Josh Gasser going into the fourth row to save a possession for his team.

It went OT and Wisconsin won. And it didn't hurt their NCAA runs too badly either. Both schools made the final four.

This is dumb, a team sitting around for a week isn’t good either. If you have an opportunity to play for a trophy and cut down the nets you take it every time. Illinois, Auburn, and Baylor would all love to be playing for their conference tournament championship.

These are 18 to 24 year old athletes. There shouldn’t be any need to save themselves for a game that’s not going to happen for another 4 days. I would think that practices are more physically demanding than games. Not to mention being able to carry over the momentum of a conference tournament run and/or championship. Let’s win the championship. Go Hawks.

Correct^^^ These young guys want that conference title. They want to remember the experience and the success. For many college athletes, a title can carry over to their careers in sales, marketing, public admin, etc. They want a ring if that is part of the winning bling.

The player who makes the winning basket or catch to win a big bowl game or title can be given a life long key to the city and campus back where they went to school. Guys like Keith Smart, Steve Alford, Scott May, etc are kings to people in Indiana. Just like players at other schools. Never have to buy a drink or dinner again as other people just want to be around them.

A big reason for the upsets is the pressure is on the higher seeds and the lower seeds play loose and play better for it.

I remember the 2015 CCG, Wisconsin vs Michigan State, being an absolute war. Every ounce of effort was left on the floor, no one was worrying about saving themselves for the NCAA'S. I remember Wisconsins Josh Gasser going into the fourth row to save a possession for his team.

It went OT and Wisconsin won. And it didn't hurt their NCAA runs too badly either. Both schools made the final four.

Great year for the Big Ten

Was that Wisconsin team with Dekker and Kaminsky

That was a fun team to watch, although Wisconsin is difficult to root for

Let's see... haven't won the tourney in forever and it is brought up that we might be better off losing in it. This train of thought...
1647103682577.png
...is off its tracks. :)

Maaaaybee a Duke that wins it all the time you can ask that about. Wait, no, 3 out of the last 4 Duke championships came after winning the ACC tourney.

Like the Nike slogan: Winning... just do it!

This is dumb, a team sitting around for a week isn’t good either. If you have an opportunity to play for a trophy and cut down the nets you take it every time. Illinois, Auburn, and Baylor would all love to be playing for their conference tournament championship.
What’s dumb is someone calling someone’s talking point “dumb” and then responding to it.

Good take. Your name says it all.

Tired to me 'biggest Q-mark? This team waay tough to handle any obstacles. But energy? Team a real team. Fun to watch. Beat Purdue. Connor shoots and hits 2 3's early. Go Hawks.

Latest posts