People associated with Iowa Football say they officially at least tied for West Div title? True?

If Wisconsin wins today,, I agree that Iowa should be recognized somehow for finishing in a tie for 1st place, but should not be called a division champion or co-champion because Iowa lost the tiebreaker. There is only one division champion. The team that wins the tiebreaker and goes to the CCG.

You all gotta realize Fryowa is one of us and he’s got opinions that will not always be correct just like the rest of us. The fact he had a mod tag forced on to him doesn’t change anything.

To me getting a trophy for being co-champs in a division where Iowa lost too the coleader is weak, but that’s me. I wont ruin this for the players, they are the ones putting their hearts and souls into each game and if they enjoy it then I’m happy for them. To those that disagree go watch that Saban rant, he’s talking about you. I for one will not be buying a West division championship shirt but I won’t think any less of any of you that do, it’s ok to celebrate successes even when some think they are trivial.

What???!!! Like the players say, "Scoreboard" but in this case it is "West Standings". Penn State totally shut down Wisky this year at Wisky and Iowa beat Penn St at home. Wisky lost to Mich at home BIG time and Wisky had a very poor passing game that is just average now.

Both Iowa and Wisky will probably end up at 7-2 but you are bitchin and Wisky hasnt even won yet. It seems to be a Big Ten rule to declare Iowa at least as a share of the Big West Conf title. So just relax and accept it if you want to hate that much.

You all gotta realize Fryowa is one of us and he’s got opinions that will not always be correct

The mistake you made in your phase above is Fryiowa will not always be correct but if you ask a lot of posters on this site who get into some big time bitchin sessions with Fryiowa I bet they say and I have noticed that Fryiowa thinks he is almost always or is always correct.

If Wisconsin wins today,, I agree that Iowa should be recognized somehow for finishing in a tie for 1st place, but should not be called a division champion or co-champion because Iowa lost the tiebreaker. There is only one division champion. The team that wins the tiebreaker and goes to the CCG.

If the Big Ten didnt count cross divisional football games in the standings for a division championship then Wisky would be 6-0 in the West and Iowa would be 4-2.

But that is not how the conference does it and in the standings Iowa is tied for the title, period, but they do not advance to the Big Champ Game. Pretty simple set of rules by the conf.

I don't have a problem with calling Iowa Co-Divisional Champions. Back in the day, there were Co-Big Ten Champions, but only one team got to go to the Rose Bowl based on who had not been there recently.

Also, if Iowa and Wisconsin both finish 7-2, both lost two games. In fact, Iowa beat Penn St....a team Wisconsin lost to.

Wisconsin would deserve to go because of head to head with Iowa, but Iowa should have a piece of the West trophy.

What???!!! Like the players say, "Scoreboard" but in this case it is "West Standings". Penn State totally shut down Wisky this year at Wisky and Iowa beat Penn St at home. Wisky lost to Mich at home BIG time and Wisky had a very poor passing game that is just average now.

Both Iowa and Wisky will probably end up at 7-2 but you are bitchin and Wisky hasnt even won yet. It seems to be a Big Ten rule to declare Iowa at least as a share of the Big West Conf title. So just relax and accept it if you want to hate that much.

If the players and coaches enjoy it and are proud of THEIR accomplishments then who gives a shit what WE as fans think? This isn't about us fans, it's about the team.

If the players and coaches enjoy it and are proud of THEIR accomplishments then who gives a shit what WE as fans think? This isn't about us fans, it's about the team.

Correct. This guy seems proud. :)

FFJvjhoWYAE04Pj

Yeah

It Is True

Until the end of Time

The Hawkeyes will be either sole Champions of the West Conference

Or they will share the title with the badgers

Whether or not they spend a weekend in Indianapolis

I don't have a problem with calling Iowa Co-Divisional Champions. Back in the day, there were Co-Big Ten Champions, but only one team got to go to the Rose Bowl based on who had not been there recently.

Also, if Iowa and Wisconsin both finish 7-2, both lost two games. In fact, Iowa beat Penn St....a team Wisconsin lost to.

Wisconsin would deserve to go because of head to head with Iowa, but Iowa should have a piece of the West trophy.

I am finding it quite difficult to find fault with this Logic

:cool:

The word tiebreaker has tie in it. Not sure why we're making this complicated.
Ummm . . . it is followed by the word breaker which means the tie has been broken and there’s no longer a tie. It’s strange to me that the conference is crowning us at least co-champions but it’s their rules. My opinion is if Wisconsin wins today calling us co champion seems weak. Wisconsin earned it by beating us on the field.

Last edited:
You all gotta realize Fryowa is one of us and he’s got opinions that will not always be correct just like the rest of us. The fact he had a mod tag forced on to him doesn’t change anything.

To me getting a trophy for being co-champs in a division where Iowa lost too the coleader is weak, but that’s me. I wont ruin this for the players, they are the ones putting their hearts and souls into each game and if they enjoy it then I’m happy for them. To those that disagree go watch that Saban rant, he’s talking about you. I for one will not be buying a West division championship shirt but I won’t think any less of any of you that do, it’s ok to celebrate successes even when some think they are trivial.
This did not age well.

Wisconsin has got to be looking at the opening week Penn state loss, and all their red zone failures that day, and kicking their own nuts all the way back to Madison.
A whole bunch of teams each year have this 'look back' malaise and Iowa has it many times as they often finish just out of the top spot. But Wisky's offense was not prime early on and Minny's defense played a great game yesterday shutting them down.