How do you feel about Nebraska?

Which best describes your feelings toward Nebraska

• I've always sorta liked Nebraska

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other (below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm an eastern Iowa guy so don't have to deal with it on a daily basis. That said I can't stand the fanbase. Between Frost, the sense of entitlement, and ridiculous sellout streak I can't stand them. I'm great they won some titles in the 90s when none of their players were alive, but time to move on. They've done absolutely nothing since they came to the Big Ten and it's time they started accepting that.

Put me down for "very negative".

Nebraska is the only place in the continental United States worse than Chicago or the Bay Area. Driving latitudinally through that state is my personal hell. As to my feelings about the game: We should win by 20+ points. We will win by 1-3 points.

I tend not to acknowledge schools who have never ever won a single NCAA tournament game, but that's just me.
It's weird how quickly this rivalry escalated. I guess their arrogance is really what caused it. For years/decades I found myself rooting for them at least 3x a year (vs IAST in football and hoops), but otherwise indifferent, before. Now, me hates em.

Eastern Iowa guy here. Also, not even middle age yet.

I don't use the word hate lightly. So when I say I hate all things Nebraska, I mean I hate all things Nebraska. Even Omaha Steaks - damn rip offs.

I have hated Nebraska even before they joined the big ten.

It is almost as if the hatred has been woven into my very DNA.

I put myself down for Somewhat Negative. I hate them as a Big 10 West Div hawk rival and how they think they are so much better than Iowa. But I didnt hate them a long time ago unless they played my favored teams like Iowa, Ia St (I was at the great IA ST tie game at old Clyde Williams field in 1973 iirc), or if they played Big 10 teams.

I almost always or always pulled for them to beat the southern teams during the 70's-80's and even up until now. If they played Arkansas in a bowl, I know laugh laugh laugh, I would pull for Nebby as a Big 10 team. Nebby played in so many Orange Bowls etc back in the day against SEC and ACC teams so I pulled for Nebby, the northern team, and even would pull for OU a midwest Big 8 team, against the SEC.

Nebby never seemed to be a cheating team but Osborne did sell his soul to the devil to get a Natty Champ and keep winning so I do think negative of that 10 year stretch. The change in schollie numbers rules and not allowing Nebraska booster clubs to pay for kids to walk on really hurt them over the years but that is ok. They still get a ton of walk-ons.

Eastern Iowa guy here. Also, not even middle age yet.

I don't use the word hate lightly. So when I say I hate all things Nebraska, I mean I hate all things Nebraska. Even Omaha Steaks - damn rip offs.

I have hated Nebraska even before they joined the big ten.

It is almost as if the hatred has been woven into my very DNA.
Agree 100 percent on Omaha Steaks. Average meat packaged very expensively and waayyy over-priced.

I was neutral on Nebraska until I got a boss who was a huge Big Red fan. Had a framed photo hanging in his office of the Fusker stadium filled with red-clan fans. Complete asshole, always talking up the Fuskers and ridiculing Iowa.

The guy was an egotistical, arrogant jerk, but also a bit of a drunk. Staff and clients soon began to dislike him. With a call to a couple contacts at our headquarters I got him fired.

Nevertheless, my hate for anything Nebraska remains.

Some of their fans have a "we're superior" attitude because they were great in the 90s. They fail to acknowledge that they have sucked since then, and few realize the fact that Iowa has now beaten them 6 years in a row! Hopefully that will soon be 7 years in a row. Yeah, that's quite the superior program in THIS CENTURY.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211125-155048_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211125-155048_Chrome.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 3
Nebraska is the only place in the continental United States worse than Chicago or the Bay Area. Driving latitudinally through that state is my personal hell. As to my feelings about the game: We should win by 20+ points. We will win by 1-3 points.

It is dreadful driving thru nebraska to Colorado

For a lot of reasons, especially the endless boring prairie and big red
fans at service stations when they see Iowa license plates

If you grew up in Western Iowa where you are saturated by their media coverage like I was, you are in the Very Negative bucket. Even though all of my Mom's family grew up in Omaha and all are/were big Nebraska fans, there is just no other way.

Latest posts