Kirk once again forgets there is a hail mary pass play, WTF!!!

uihawk82

I rode with my son and a friend to Purdue in the wonderful 2007 season to see Kirk punt the ball with :02 seconds left in the first half from the Purdue 45 yard line or so. We were so pissed as in what the F kind of super conservative bullshit is this. of course our offense sucked that year so why not take a chance

I mean should have expected nothing less but I was still confused why don’t just take knee if you’re not going to give it a heave.

Not to mention, they let almost 10 seconds run off the clock before calling a TO and the offense was not in hurry up mode. The announcers were perplexed as well. However, this has been KF's MO for several years now. Are we really surprised?

With all that, I'd still take KF over most other coaches to be Iowa's coach. As conservative as he can be on several facets, I think he's good for the program.

Now trotting Petras out there to start when I believe he said post game, Petras was hurt and wasn't throwing with his usual speed pre game, was a bad coaching move for the kids health first and for the teams chances to win second.

Not to mention, they let almost 10 seconds run off the clock before calling a TO and the offense was not in hurry up mode. The announcers were perplexed as well. However, this has been KF's MO for several years now. Are we really surprised?

Agree with this 100%. The clock management IMO is and will always be more confusing then the refusal or failure to throw one up into the end zone. Kirk is, and will always be conservative. That said those 10 seconds could have got us into field goal range, and we all know that KF wouldn't hesitate to send his kicking team out if we were in range.

Latest posts