Xavier Foster kicked off team

Hawkfnntn

Just seeing this today but the coach isn't saying why. Just mentioned something about it being for their culture... So maybe it's grades or he got in trouble or argument with teammates/coaches anyones guess is as good as mine. Question is how bad is it and any snow balls chance Iowa would be interested? We sure were until he picked them anyway. I don't see Fran reaching out even if we had a scholly (I'm not so sure we even have one do we?) But what if he does and would be willing to walk on?

According to a thread on CyFan (I know, not the most reliable source out there), he's the target of a sexual assault investigation.

Ouch, I hate to see this. If the allegations are true, obviously my first thoughts are with the victim, but my very close follow on thought is "we dodged a bullet". Just being honest.
Just read the stories on cy fan and hit the link for DM Register article.

I just have to wonder, with so much attention to sexual assaults (rightfully so) why in the world would anyone be dumb enough to go down that path.

Iowa can make room for anyone that will help their team. Plenty of room for talent when your 2 kids are on the team. That allows Fran to get creative. That said, not sure we’re going near this one.

Absolutely not! Iowa needs to stay far away from this kid. Someone will give him another chance, hopefully it's not Iowa.

The sexual assault investigation is in a separate category. He is a big man already having foot problems and was a bit of a project no matter where he ended up. So yeah, it worked itself out getting the Murray twins.

He looked very good at Oskaloosa when he was at least a foot taller than any
opponent, but wasn't impressed when he played against the Hawks

Wasn't his girlfriend going to Iowa State and that was the deciding factor

Too much baggage now to take a chance on

The rumors about his on-court activities have not been good even before this broke. It's a bummer but I have my doubts he'll ever play at an all conference level or anything even before this.

Imagine being a 5 star 7 foot tall athletic skilled basketball player with a D1 scholly with a pro future of making millions of dollars on the line. And blowing it to that degree... I mean yikes doesn't even cut it. Even if he didn't make the NBA he coulda made really big $ in his career somewhere.

It'll be interesting who if anyone gives him another shot. I mean Pierre Pierce got em but that was a different time and place. He may be totally screwed... No sympathy here

Imagine being a 5 star 7 foot tall athletic skilled basketball player with a D1 scholly with a pro future of making millions of dollars on the line. And blowing it to that degree... I mean yikes doesn't even cut it. Even if he didn't make the NBA he coulda made really big $ in his career somewhere.

It'll be interesting who if anyone gives him another shot. I mean Pierre Pierce got em but that was a different time and place. He may be totally screwed... No sympathy here

There is always France

Latest posts