Nebraska is going to upset MSU this Sat (change my mind)

Luftgekuehlt67

Give me a break - It's creampuff week, so I am looking through other games of interest for this weekend.

Could Nebraska win @ MSU this weekend? I (unfortunately) think Nebraska is probably a bit better than people think. Likewise, I think people are probably a bit too high on MSU. It all just seems a bit too perfect to me.

MSU is supposedly a top 20 team, but they are only -5 at home against Nebraska? "Haw-haw, Nebraska sucks!" THAT Nebraska? And home field is worth 3 points, so...hmm.

MSU is back. Good running game and a really good defense. Im glad we are not playing them this year. So if that is the case, and we are going to hang 56 on Nebby, why wouldnt MSU?

Although I think we have seen some improvement out of Nebraska, I think the Big 12 is overrated.....and that also goes for the top of the conference (Oklahoma, and Clowns). Oklahoma only got be Tulane by 5 points and by 1 score to little red. I don't know how much credit we can give little red for their efforts against the Sooners.

Sparty makes Frosty squeal like a pig.

1632177951136.png

It's really not personal, but I take "the Big 12 is overrated" with a grain of salt around here. That's the unofficial Hawkeye Nation slogan. I've been hanging out around Hawkeye message boards for about 20 years now and, in that time, the Big XII has been "overrated" in every sport in every single season. It's just not possible.

I have a pretty strong distaste for both Nebraska and MSU - I'd like them both to lose but, unfortunately, one of them will have to win. What if Nebraska shows up pissed off (could happen) and MSU shows up after a week of smelling their own farts (also could happen)?

On paper, I think it could be a reasonably close match up. I could see the game being swung by whichever team has the psychological edge.

It's really not personal, but I take "the Big 12 is overrated" with a grain of salt around here. That's the unofficial Hawkeye Nation slogan. I've been hanging out around Hawkeye message boards for about 20 years now and, in that time, the Big XII has been "overrated" in every sport in every single season. It's just not possible.

I have a pretty strong distaste for both Nebraska and MSU - I'd like them both to lose but, unfortunately, one of them will have to win. What if Nebraska shows up pissed off (could happen) and MSU shows up after a week of smelling their own farts (also could happen)?

On paper, I think it could be a reasonably close match up. I could see the game being swung by whichever team has the psychological edge.
Check out Oklahoma’s incredible record in the CFP for evidence of that conference being overrated. Frankly, if I were on the committee I’d push hard not to let them in.

Check out Oklahoma’s incredible record in the CFP for evidence of that conference being overrated. Frankly, if I were on the committee I’d push hard not to let them in.

Im going to guess there are 2 SEC and 1 Big 10 team in right now. That’s one more for the Pac12, Big 12, or ND. The PAC has been absolutely abysmal this year so unless Oregon rides that OSU win all the way it’s probably OU or ND.

Im going to guess there are 2 SEC and 1 Big 10 team in right now. That’s one more for the Pac12, Big 12, or ND. The PAC has been absolutely abysmal this year so unless Oregon rides that OSU win all the way it’s probably OU or ND.

I wouldn’t count out Clemson, they are ranked 9th with a close loss to Georgia. Check out their schedule, they may not lose another game.

LilDebby has the following left on their schedule:
@ Sparty
Home vs NU
Home vs SCum
@ Minney
Home vs Purdue
Home vs O$U
@ Wisky
Home vs Hawks

I see maybe 3-4 wins out of that.

Frost (14-22) will be gone.
If he hasn't lost the team/program, he will soon.

Somewhere, Pelini (67-27) and Solich (58-19 (99 Ntnl champs)) are smiling

Last edited:
LilDebby has the following left on their schedule:
@ Sparty
Home vs NU
Home vs SCum
@ Minney
Home vs Purdue
Home vs O$U
@ Wisky
Home vs Hawks

I see maybe 3-4 wins out of that.

Frost (14-22) will be gone.
If he hasn't lost the team/program, he will soon.

Somewhere, Pelini (67-27) and Solich (58-19 (99 Ntnl champs)) are smiling
1632189671787.png

Quite the schedule they have been sentenced to. Could not happen to a better program.

I wouldn’t count out Clemson, they are ranked 9th with a close loss to Georgia. Check out their schedule, they may not lose another game.
Their offense is really, really bad right now. But then so is ours, all things considered. Ours is probably better. Gotta think the Hawks put up more than 14 on Georgia Tech, but some of those points are probably defensive scores. Would be a fun 9-6 sort of game if we met, I think.

This could actually be a good year for Little Debbie which would be good news. They have a good defense and OSU, NU and most of their schedule besides Iowa is down a bit this year.

If they hit 6 wins they’ll crown frosty the shitman king of Lincoln and give him a 20 year extension which guarantees they keep sucking for a long time.

It's not only that the Big XII sucks in the CFP, but Big XII players just aren't drafted as much as the other Power 5 conferences and the players don't stick to rosters as much. Iowa has more NFL players right now than Oklahoma, Texas, and any other school in the Big XII. If Nebraska was still in the Big XII, it would have the third largest alumni base in the Big XII in the NFL. Either the talent isn't there and/or the coaching staves are not developing players to reach the top of their potential.
The Big XII and the ACC also have a huge soft underbelly. The gap between the haves and have nots tends to lead the cream of the league to have cream pie schedules. I guess that can be helpful to teams at the bottom, where like an Iowa St. can ascend to a championship game very quickly. But you can also fall just as fast (Baylor, TCU, Kansas St.). The inflated win totals vault Oklahoma into the play-offs year in and year out, but leaves them woefully unprepared to play against opponents that largely have more talent than they have.

good point completely forgot about them. They probably are in the drivers seat actually.

This is the most critical two week stretch in Scott Frost's remaining tenure. If they can pull an upset, they will have momentum. They will handle NW next week, and although their remaining schedule is brutal, they at least get to 6 wins, a bowl, and a lifeline for Frost and Co.

If they lose this game. They will have to win two games they are favored in (Purdue and NW), and beat two teams that either are ranked or are close (Minny). That is just to get to 6-6.

I think MSU is a bad match-up for Nebbie. They are physical, they play smart, they run, they play defense, they don't hurt themselves. Both teams feel pretty good about themselves right now. I think the Fighting Mel Tuckers play a clean game and walk away with the win.

Give me a break - It's creampuff week, so I am looking through other games of interest for this weekend.

Could Nebraska win @ MSU this weekend? I (unfortunately) think Nebraska is probably a bit better than people think. Likewise, I think people are probably a bit too high on MSU. It all just seems a bit too perfect to me.

MSU is supposedly a top 20 team, but they are only -5 at home against Nebraska? "Haw-haw, Nebraska sucks!" THAT Nebraska? And home field is worth 3 points, so...hmm.
No f’n way MSU loses to nebraska.

Nebraska's defense looks a little better, the Dline a little bigger and stronger.

But I do not think OU is a juggernaut so I wouldnt read a lot into Nebby almost beating OU.

If the U, Miami Hurricane U are really a pretty good team and MSU goes there and pounds them then I have to pick MSU over Nebby if the game is at MSU.
I'd much prefer they upset MSU than Iowa on Black Friday. F Nebraska.

I want MSU to smash them and the more teams on their schedule smash Nebby to make them quit for the season and quit on their coach or Frost to quit on them.

I do not want any or our West Div opponents to win their cross division games as all losses matter a lot.

The Maryland and Penn St games are big for the hawks as the same reasons as division games. Of course in the division beating a team like Minny or Wisky basically is like winning 1.5 games against them because of tiebreakers.

Latest posts