Preview, Prediction: Kent St. Next Up for Iowa

> Iowa has won its last eight games. The Hawkeyes have outscored their last eight opponents, 275-106, averaging 34.3 points per game offensively and allowing 13.3 ppg during the winning streak. Iowa has scored at least 25 points in every game during its winning streak. It is the first time in school history Iowa has scored 25 points or more in eight straight games.

That's a stat. Even under run-it-up Hayden Fry, they never scored 25 points or more in 8 straight games.

I keep telling people this is a historic run. This team has 1985/1991/2002 written all over it.

> Iowa has won its last eight games. The Hawkeyes have outscored their last eight opponents, 275-106, averaging 34.3 points per game offensively and allowing 13.3 ppg during the winning streak. Iowa has scored at least 25 points in every game during its winning streak. It is the first time in school history Iowa has scored 25 points or more in eight straight games.

That's a stat. Even under run-it-up Hayden Fry, they never scored 25 points or more in 8 straight games.

I keep telling people this is a historic run. This team has 1985/1991/2002 written all over it.
Using last year's games isn't really fair. We lost a bunch of really good players and with the covid year all bets are off with those games.

I think this is a really good team with a legit shot to win the West. But it's been 2 games so far against teams that haven't proven squat so far at all, and Iowa State is fake news.

If we beat Wisconsin and Penn State for the second year in a row I'll agree with you about this being an historic run. Put CJ Beathard on this team with the current defense and Tory Taylor, and I'm buying CFP tickets right now. But this offense has to start putting up yards and points to compete long term.

Great info! ..................and people question Spencer Petras. Yes, he may be getting an advantage with a great defense, field position and punting game, but, he hasn't turned the ball over much at all.

All Iowa has ever needed is a QB to manage the game.

Great info! ..................and people question Spencer Petras. Yes, he may be getting an advantage with a great defense, field position and punting game, but, he hasn't turned the ball over much at all.

All Iowa has ever needed is a QB to manage the game.
CJ, Stanzi, Banks, Drew Tate... Game manager not.

I don't care what the game looks like. They can win the game 2-0 as far as I am concerned. It is all about getting better on the offensive end.

Iowa has generally covered these big spreads in recent history...however all the coach-speak from Iowa about how formidable Kent State is as an opponent is starting to erode my confidence. I think Iowa's offense is much better than the production we have seen in the first 2 games, but I don't know that. I don't think I would confidently bet the over, I need to see them put up big offensive numbers in at least one game before I fully believe.

My parlay for the weekend
Iowa-Kent state under 56.5 (Hawks 35-10)
Ohio state -24 (Buckeyes need style points, bury Tulsa)
UNLV +32 ( Clones still reading their press clippings, win 28-14)
Cha ching

My parlay for the weekend
Iowa-Kent state under 56.5 (Hawks 35-10)
Ohio state -24 (Buckeyes need style points, bury Tulsa)
UNLV +32 ( Clones still reading their press clippings, win 28-14)
Cha ching
How much you laying down and what's the payout?

Using last year's games isn't really fair. We lost a bunch of really good players and with the covid year all bets are off with those games.

I think this is a really good team with a legit shot to win the West. But it's been 2 games so far against teams that haven't proven squat so far at all, and Iowa State is fake news.

If we beat Wisconsin and Penn State for the second year in a row I'll agree with you about this being an historic run. Put CJ Beathard on this team with the current defense and Tory Taylor, and I'm buying CFP tickets right now. But this offense has to start putting up yards and points to compete long term.
Not with our current offensive line. CJ with the 2002 offensive line….definitely.