Colorado State Game Is 2:30 CT

Fryowa

Administrator
Absolute best time slot for games (except night games obviously). I say keep every game 2:30 from here to till the cows come home.

Even coming from 5 1/2 hours away it works out great. Take our time getting to IC after school gets out Friday afternoon and stay somewhere like an hour away where it's cheaper. Be at the tailgate by 7 and still get home around midnight.

Absolute best time slot for games (except night games obviously). I say keep every game 2:30 from here to till the cows come home.

Even coming from 5 1/2 hours away it works out great. Take our time getting to IC after school gets out Friday afternoon and stay somewhere like an hour away where it's cheaper. Be at the tailgate by 7 and still get home around midnight.
Heck yeahhhh, screw 11 am games!

I’m in the minority but I like 11am games, watch the Hawks and have my whole afternoon free afterwards.
I think the division would be between people who tailgate and people who either watch on tv or show up just before the game.

If you are into the game day experience in person there’s really no better time than 2:30.

Or if you’re @HuckFinn and all the young people (under 90) yelling and carrying on makes you mad.

It used to matter to me when I worked and lived in Dsm. I much prefferred the 2:30 starts back then. Now I'm honestly indifferent. I have my Saturdays carved around whatever time it starts now. The later starts almost kill me more just due to the build up. But It's all good give me my Hawks

I find that with my kids' sports dominating my weekend, 2:30 is a great time. But if it weren't for that, I like 1100 games. It is what I grew up on.

I think the division would be between people who tailgate and people who either watch on tv or show up just before the game.

If you are into the game day experience in person there’s really no better time than 2:30.

Or if you’re @HuckFinn and all the young people (under 90) yelling and carrying on makes you mad.
I'd rather start drinking at 2:30 pm than 11 am, my body is more thankful on Sunday mornings.

It used to matter to me when I worked and lived in Dsm. I much prefferred the 2:30 starts back then. Now I'm honestly indifferent. I have my Saturdays carved around whatever time it starts now. The later starts almost kill me more just due to the build up. But It's all good give me my Hawks
Plenty of decent seats left for the next two games, get on back to home for one of 'em. We got plenty of food for ya.

I never fully appreciated 2:30 kickoff games until I became a season ticket holder. Now I'm praying for no 11 am games, this is the complete opposite when I was just watching the game from home. I used to like the early games so I could go do other things after the game was over.

I never fully appreciated 2:30 kickoff games until I became a season ticket holder. Now I'm praying for no 11 am games, this is the complete opposite when I was just watching the game from home. I used to like the early games so I could go do other things after the game was over.

I'm indifferent now, but when I lived in IC (a period in which we lost 0 home games) I loved the 11 AM starts. I lived really close to the stadium and hearing the tailgate noise percolating in the distance just before 7 always got me ready to roll.

My whole Saturday is college football no matter what.

If I’m not at the Iowa game I watch games from 11am to 11pm. I used to watch NFL but every year I care less and less about it. I bet I watched maybe two NFL games last year total.

Sunday is my get shit done day.

My whole Saturday is college football no matter what.

If I’m not at the Iowa game I watch games from 11am to 11pm. I used to watch NFL but every year I care less and less about it. I bet I watched maybe two NFL games last year total.

Sunday is my get shit done day.

Game day's at Kinnick are now that way for me. The Indiana game I was on the road by 9 am, got home sometime after 9 pm.

Game day's at Kinnick are now that way for me. The Indiana game I was on the road by 9 am, got home sometime after 9 pm.
If it's a home game, I go and it is pretty much an all day thing whether it's an 11 am start or 2:30. Like Fry, if it is a road game, I am pretty much watch from11 am on. Like I tell my wife, there are only 12 days per year I get to do this.

I wish I lived closer. I've ironmanned it several times over the years since I was a kid in the 80s, but it's 11 hours in the car in one day if I do.

I haven't done it in several years now but Saturday I will. Kid has a football fundraiser he has to work Friday night so we're going to drive down in the morning and back after the game. We'll leave around 7, get to IC at noon-ish, watch the game and hit the road. Probably swing into our tailgate spot on foot to say hi to our neighbors and grab a bite. Back home around midnight or a little after if we have to stop. My kid is 14 and has his learner's permit so it's a good way for him to get some easy miles while I chill out in the passenger seat.

All of the rest of the games will be one night in a motel room either the night before or night of, depending on game time.

I wish I lived closer. I've ironmanned it several times over the years since I was a kid in the 80s, but it's 11 hours in the car in one day if I do.

I haven't done it in several years now but Saturday I will. Kid has a football fundraiser he has to work Friday night so we're going to drive down in the morning and back after the game. We'll leave around 7, get to IC at noon-ish, watch the game and hit the road. Probably swing into our tailgate spot on foot to say hi to our neighbors and grab a bite. Back home around midnight or a little after if we have to stop. My kid is 14 and has his learner's permit so it's a good way for him to get some easy miles while I chill out in the passenger seat.

All of the rest of the games will be one night in a motel room either the night before or night of, depending on game time.

I'm contemplating doing a hotel the night before if they have a 11:00 kickoff, I am not a good early riser at all.

Latest posts