Iowa +3.5 Who ya got?

Jesus H. Christ. I live in the Deep South and the hottest day of the year here was July 28 when it hit 95 degrees. Hitting 96 the second week in September is unreal. And it will be in the 30's in 8 weeks up there.
Not a lot of places like Iowa where in a 7 or 8 month span you typically have a 130° temperature variance (or even more on extreme years).

I lived in Arizona for 7 years and not having seasons fucking killed me as a kid. There was no spring/summer/fall/winter. Just a couple months that got cooler than summer. Hated it.

ISU has seniority and the urgency to win, if this is the best team in ISU history they cant have their seniors go 0-4 vs Iowa.
Iowa has the momentum, just play within the game plan and i don't think ISU break the record of 22 some games without giving up 24+ points.

here is my deciding factor...give me an example of Purdy beating a good defense, the two chances i know of are vs us (not the best game, he had 1 TD pass on broken coverage) and then when they played Notre Dame two years ago in a bowl game and got blown out. Yeah he puts up video game Heisman #s vs Big12 defenses, but vs good defenses with pressure in his face not so much. Does he buck the trend this year? break the Iowa D record of games without giving up 24+ points?

here is how i see it:
Iowa turns ball over, giving easy possessions to ISU and ISU wins a close game, Or Iowa wins by a couple of possessions, D continues to play well, bottles up Hall and forces Purdy into mistakes.

Not trying to be a homer but main factor for Iowa win is to play field position and not give up big plays (Genius i know!)

For the other posters...what is the best Defense Purdy has beaten?

Not a lot of places like Iowa where in a 7 or 8 month span you typically have a 130° temperature variance (or even more on extreme years).

I lived in Arizona for 7 years and not having seasons fucking killed me as a kid. There was no spring/summer/fall/winter. Just a couple months that got cooler than summer. Hated it.

I couldn't do Arizona. I like 4-6 weeks of "winter." The kill off of all the crazy vegetation, bugs and snakes is necessary.

Jesus H. Christ. I live in the Deep South and the hottest day of the year here was July 28 when it hit 95 degrees. Hitting 96 the second week in September is unreal. And it will be in the 30's in 8 weeks up there.
Nearly 100 during the day and some dips below 50 at night. As an aside that nighttime fall weather has been pretty nice.

ISU has seniority and the urgency to win, if this is the best team in ISU history they cant have their seniors go 0-4 vs Iowa.

For the other posters...what is the best Defense Purdy has beaten?
Yes, it would be terrible to have another group of seniors go 0-4!

As to the second question, it's a real competition between the Drake Bulldogs and Northern Iowa. Sure isn't going to be Louisiana-Monroe.

Keep in mind, these are Iowa State's non-big 12 opponents since Purdy took over:

2018:
Drake W 27-24
No. 12 Washington St. L 26–28

2019:
Northern Iowa W 29-26 (Don't let this score deceive you, that's TRIPLE overtime)
Iowa L 17-18
Louisiana-Monroe W 72–20
No. 15 Notre Dame L 9-33

2020:
Louisiana L 14–31
No. 25 Oregon W 34–17 (With seven opt outs?)

2021:
Northern Iowa W 16-10

Last edited:
I couldn't do Arizona. I like 4-6 weeks of "winter." The kill off of all the crazy vegetation, bugs and snakes is necessary.

Snakes??? I havent seen a snake around central Iowa for 20+ years and neither have my friends. Too much herbicide and insecticide.

I've got 1.5 acres inside the "city limits" of Muscatine. I see a number of snakes - mostly garter snakes - in the yard when I mow.

Yep, I used to see garter snakes in our yard when we moved back to Des Moines in 1985 and for maybe 15-20 years after that. but not anymore. There have been some empty lots that have been developed so that we have cared for lawns all around us. I havent used pesticides much at all over the last 20 years except for outside ant bait.

Two good teams and two good defenses. This comes down to the better offense and that means the better quarterback. Plus the home field advantage. I see the Clowns coming out on top, 20-17 on a late field goal.

I hope I'm wrong like last week when I was dead wrong, predicting an Indiana win. If we win it is a huge confidence booster. Go Hawks!

Latest posts