Iowa Football Visit A Lifetime Memory for Kaspers

Kevin and his wife, who is from Ely, are really good people. I've been able to stay in touch with Kevin through the years and he is a Hawkeye through and through, like he said. There's a younger son who looks to be on the same path as his older brother.

Too lazy to look it look it up....Kasper is what 2nd or 3rd all-time in receptions in Hawkeye history? He is up there in yardage as well. Kasper and Tim Dwight were born 20-25 years too soon. I think both dudes would be incredible now the way guys are able to operate in space, everything is spread out, just get them the ball and let them go to work.

Anyway, I am not sure how all this relates to his kid, but if Iowa can get him it sounds like a good get.

Too lazy to look it look it up....Kasper is what 2nd or 3rd all-time in receptions in Hawkeye history? He is up there in yardage as well. Kasper and Tim Dwight were born 20-25 years too soon. I think both dudes would be incredible now the way guys are able to operate in space, everything is spread out, just get them the ball and let them go to work.

Anyway, I am not sure how all this relates to his kid, but if Iowa can get him it sounds like a good get.
Good stuff about how today’s game would make heroes of Kevin and Tim. Had not thought about that.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...ruits-who-will-blow-up-183769493/#183769493_3

Recruits who will star at the NFL Scouting Combine — one day​

Got ups? Kyler Kasper does. The son of former NFL wide receiver and Iowa standout Kevin Kasper, who put on a show of his own at the 2001 NFL Scouting Combine with a 43.5 inch vertical jump and a 3.73 short shuttle, Kyler is known for his ability to jump. He recently won a dunk contest by jamming over people and has posted videos of himself clearing 66 inches on a running box jump, which is a bit insane given the fact that he’s over 6-foot-4. The younger Kasper attends Gilbert (Ariz.) Williams Field and is planning to visit schools like Oregon, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee and UCLA at some point this spring. Of course, the Hawkeyes are also heavily involved in the recruitment.

With NIL college football is 100% a business now. Just like the NFL. Now the only “loyalty” will be to who can “SHOW THEM THE MONEY!

College football has been a business for a long time, way before NIL.

And in the case of Kyler Kasper, it did not come down to NIL.

Was the Kasper family upset that O'Keefe is no longer "on the staff?" I can see why his departure would cause consternation among those seeking to play QB or WR for Iowa. O'Keefe coached WRs in the NFL so the dude knows what's up.

Exactly I wonder if they had the same energy when we got Xavier X. I guess we must have offered him more NIL since some of these guys think thats all it boils down to now.. I will guarantee you to almost 95% of these kids NIL doesnt factor in at all.

Exactly I wonder if they had the same energy when we got Xavier X. I guess we must have offered him more NIL since some of these guys think thats all it boils down to now.. I will guarantee you to almost 95% of these kids NIL doesnt factor in at all.

Probably. I suspect there is a bidding war for the top 100 or maybe top 200, but after that it's probably more like "you might earn some NIL funds if you pan out."