Tyler Cook Buys Mom New Car

That's great, I love to see an ex-Hawk doing well in pros (especially the NBA where it, unfortunately, hasn't really happened much lately).

As an aside, it's absolutely amazing the kind of scratch you can make in the NBA. I think TC is making something like $700K/yr - not bad for a reserve. I hope he can stick with the Pistons.

Nuggets played the Pistons a few weeks back towards the tail end of the regular season, Pistons were down to I think the league minimum to not have to forfeit (8 active guys maybe?) so TC got to play a ton of minutes. Nuggets kinda blew them out, so I just enjoyed watching TC. Scored 17 and looked like he was loving every minute of it. He plays really hard.

Wish we could get some more guys on rosters.

Cook put up some nice stat lines the last three weeks of the season, granted it was with a bottom feeder team with little to play for.

But hey, Kevin Gamble once did the exact same thing for a bad Portland team after doing time in the old CBA and gained enough tracation to parlay that Into half a dozen decent years with the Celtics.

That's great, I love to see an ex-Hawk doing well in pros (especially the NBA where it, unfortunately, hasn't really happened much lately).

As an aside, it's absolutely amazing the kind of scratch you can make in the NBA. I think TC is making something like $700K/yr - not bad for a reserve. I hope he can stick with the Pistons.

Nuggets played the Pistons a few weeks back towards the tail end of the regular season, Pistons were down to I think the league minimum to not have to forfeit (8 active guys maybe?) so TC got to play a ton of minutes. Nuggets kinda blew them out, so I just enjoyed watching TC. Scored 17 and looked like he was loving every minute of it. He plays really hard.

Wish we could get some more guys on rosters.

Take the Ryan Bowen approach: play really hard and be a good teammate. He could stretch this out for another 5 or 6 years I wouldn't bet on it, but those 10th, 11th, 12th spots on NBA rosters are pretty fluid so with a little luck who knows.

As for getting more guys in the league I just shrug my shoulders. It would be nice, but it isn't a biggie. Iowa St. has 7 or 8 dudes in the league right now...which is kinda cool to follow if you are a ISU fan, but it is nothing I envy.