JBo Reddit Thread Highlights

Is it just me (and there is no way it can be just me), or does every thread on this board, regardless of the topic, devolve into a dick measuring contest between Fry and some random about who is a more consistent/smart/negative/dickish/etc. poster? By the end of every thread, we are not talking Iowa athletics, we are talking about Fry and whomever he is slap fighting with that day.

I appreciate the traffic and energy Fry brings, but it makes it hard to actually discuss the sports issue at hand when there are 44 personal attack posts going back and forth in every damn thread.
If it's on page 5, it's only that far because it evolved to what you just said. This one got there early because it's a knockoff of another thread well past page 10.

Fry - I don't want you cancelled - you and this board belong together. You make your own bed with the shit you say on here and I'm glad some people don't let you just run your mouth and spit out the drivel you do. For a MOD of a site that's looking to attract business you are the dictionary definition of toxic with horrible opinions on Iowa sports. I might actually leave and it's the first time I've considered it, this place SUCKS,

Oh and before I forget, I’m not quitting the site till @HawkGold either comes up with my supposed alts or leaves. That’s the deal.

You guys owe me that at least.
You got it. But as the guy in control, whatever IP's you come up with really don't mean much. Read my long post. BTW for those not reading the Long Post, I've mentioned several several times the alts and Fry gave no response. Read it, respond if you'd like. Seriously, you need to make some personal cyber changes, but I doubt you do.

OK, let's go. I'll do it by point. Fry v Gold

1. You make outlandish statements by your last one where you are wrong.
2. You do gaslight.
3. You hold power so it loses credibility.
4. The IP address thing is easy enough to manipulate. More hot air which is common for you. What is the difference between hot air and lying? Hard to tell sometimes.
5. Prior to moderating, yourself, Dean, DD and a few others were the most mean-spirited/insulting people on here. At times you are funny about it, other times, it's just plain mean, rude, inconsiderate and so forth and oft not called for except to boost yourself (it seems).
6. Totally think it's ironic it comes to a head in this thread. Why? Because you are the JBo of HN. You act like him. Some think it's cute. Some like the brashness/rudeness. Many do not. To be frank, if you think JBo had is coming, Fry also has this coming. What do I think about JBo? If I grow tired and at times wish he'd leave the program. Other times it's entertaining. Did he have it coming? Sort of. Should he have been stopped? For sure by friends/coaches (this and other situations). Mostly I feel embarrassed for him. I don't know why he acts the way he does. Maybe he's a spoiled brat youngest child. Maybe he just does it by nature. Maybe it has to do with Barnstormer BB issues. I don't know. None of us know. There were a lot of victims. Abuse does cause varying behaviors
7. You are one of the top negative posters on this board. Yet you criticize those being negative.
8. You prohibit certain discussions on non-open discussion threads. Mostly this is good, though some subjects naturally lead out of certain discussions in re to Iowa sports and it's not easy to just ignore the elephant in the room, especially with a lawsuit going on. What I find particularly troubling is that (OK, not as bad as it used to be), you allow and at times participate in demeaning comments directed towards women. As a married guy with 3 daughters, I do find this quite offensive and is not different than stupid banned other comments. You do have characteristics that seem like you have a strong dislike for women. It's loud, but not as prevalent since you mod and lately has disappeared.
9. There are several accounts where words match up in words used (that others don't use). Also there is a cadence/style similarity. I have taught college credit classes before and have caught several cheaters over the years using others papers. There is software, but with you it's just experience. Drum Roll, the one that matches up most is Deano. After that it's DD. There are others, but they don't match up as well. To be frank, I've mentioned this several times directly to you and you didn't respond at all.
10. You do exhibit narcissistic behavior. You have a number of similarities with sociopathic behavior.
11. Since I took swipes at you, a bit about me. Why do I disappear? I have my own business now and at times, I'm too busy. Right now, I need breaks from mentally tedious work. This place provides that. At times I"m too busy. I need to guard where I'm at on busyness. That is because I've had a lifetime struggle with PTSD from severe childhood abuse. Over the winter I withdrew from a lot of things, including HN and didn't feel well enough to interact much. The abuse started with my parents. Frankly I don't know how I survived. Being sucker punched by your father isn't very fun. Seeing this happen to Jordan has been trying ( and yes I think he is responsible for his actions so I have mixed feelings). I also have strong emotions about the Barnstormers for similar reasons and know how such stuff impacts people. Btw, my dad wore a badge and he should never been allowed to continue to wear one. What was sad looking back at myself as a child was that MANY people knew about it and no one stopped it or asked questions, including the doctor treating my injuries.
12. One of the mental escapes I had in my life was Hawkeye sports.
Ok, so deanvogs and DDThompson? Is that your two?

Fry - I don't want you cancelled - you and this board belong together. You make your own bed with the shit you say on here and I'm glad some people don't let you just run your mouth and spit out the drivel you do. For a MOD of a site that's looking to attract business you are the dictionary definition of toxic with horrible opinions on Iowa sports. I might actually leave and it's the first time I've considered it, this place SUCKS,
I like this place. We can't seem to agree on anything lately LOL.

Fry - I don't want you cancelled - you and this board belong together. You make your own bed with the shit you say on here and I'm glad some people don't let you just run your mouth and spit out the drivel you do
You keep acting like I have some sort of a tie to the site. Doesn’t exist. There’s no bed to be made. Don’t know how else I can say it.

Leaving does sound fun, though.

Ok, so deanvogs and DDThompson? Is that your two?
The two most likely, as mentioned, the mod coming up with IPs don't mean much. None of this is relevant if you'd change your course in certain areas. You are obviously intelligent and at times personable. It all become irrelevant if you'd quit acting like.... J Bo.

You keep acting like I have some sort of a tie to the site. Doesn’t exist. There’s no bed to be made. Don’t know how else I can say it.

The bigger question is why were you selected? Seriously, it was like Andy and Barney handing Otis the keys.

I totally get it. I'm seriously one of those guys that honestly gets along with everyone. The negativity on here from anyone doesn't ever bother me as I'm usually a F'ing ray of sunshine and way to much of a glass full type of guy, despite the fact I can and will occasionally post negative things.

My wife has a sweatshirt that says "I'm a goddam delight!" I think you need one that says "I'm a F'ing ray of sunshine!"

Is it just me (and there is no way it can be just me), or does every thread on this board, regardless of the topic, devolve into a dick measuring contest between Fry and some random about who is a more consistent/smart/negative/dickish/etc. poster? By the end of every thread, we are not talking Iowa athletics, we are talking about Fry and whomever he is slap fighting with that day.

I appreciate the traffic and energy Fry brings, but it makes it hard to actually discuss the sports issue at hand when there are 44 personal attack posts going back and forth in every damn thread.

I just wonder how many posters you can chase off - so far so good.

In hindsight, hawkeye nation should have told Fry to create an alt account to be the mod. No matter what, you can't make everyone happy. Best to have a mod that doesn't post. It's not too late, just gotta make your "exit" convincing Fry.

Latest posts