Wiescamp staying or leaving?

I'm not sure why he wouldn't go. He would be able to be on a team in the G league as worst case scenario. He already got his degree which sounds to me like it is time to move up a step for competition. Closer to his dream of playing in the NBA. College basketball isn't the platform for kids these days that it used to be.

This year...
14.8 ppg
6.6 rpg
FG 49.1%
FT 67.7%
3 46.2%
while POY gets all the attention.

Next year...
19.5 ppg
7.7 rpg
FG 55%
FT 82%
3 46%
while being other team’s primary focus. And develop average plus ball handling skills.

IMO the 23 year old is probable 1st round...with guaranteed contract. The 22 year old is a possible 2nd round and playing G League.

Side Note - Corey Kispert gambled on himself and went from 1st Team All Conference to 1st Team AA.
You're assuming he'll stay as efficient without Luka, that seems incredibly unlikely.

If he didn't already have is degree I'd say he comes back. He specifically mentioned in his statement he will graduate. That was the tipping point for me. Good luck in the show JW you were fun to watch.

He really can't get any more "ready"

As others have said, you can't really run any faster, jump any higher or increase your wingspan by staying at Iowa.

Follow the money young man. Set yourself up. Europe or wherever pays you the most.

You're assuming he'll stay as efficient without Luka, that seems incredibly unlikely.
The likely hood of that is certainly unknown anyway. I don't know if he could or not we just don't know if he's truely that good or not. He's never not played with Luka Garza or Tyler Cook who commanded touches of their own like they did. There is a big difference between being the #2 or 3 option as opposed to being the #1.

I wasn’t suggesting those would be his stats. I’m saying with those stats he could be a 1st round pick next year...zero chance this year. My bad if it appeared otherwise.
Probably my fault. I think I'm not even sure that would be enough - Garza had an all time season this year and probably won't be a first round pick. Regardless though I don't think he had a bad option in front of him - try to make some money, or come back and try to have his own all time season at Iowa.

Right...I know this is a new thing for Iowa fans (players actually getting to the NBA)..but I cannot stress enough how JW age has alot to do with his decision IMO. 70% of the draft is 18,19 and 20 year olds. JW turns 23 next years draft..

Latest posts