Ranked 5th in Preseason Poll

#2 Baylor plays #5 Illinois and #1 Gonzaga plays #11 West Virginia tomorrow night. If Illinois and WVU win, are we ranked #1 next week? Yikes!
Illinois also has Duke next week (which was just beaten by Sparty at home yesterday). As noted on "The Big Show" we will find out alot about Ill in the next 2 games.
Hoosiers got mauled by #17 Texas 66-44.
Wisconsin dominated GB.
N. Car. (3-0) also won

Given that home court advantage is largely out of the equation, there will be some "L's" this year. Just hope the losses come to teams that are worthy, cant have a Nebby L, or blowouts against Purdue.......as many have said, we have a brutal schedule

Something to watch for will be the +/- of the bench players this year.
When the starters are on the bench (rest, foul trouble, poor shooting) can our 6-10 players hold the lead or even make up a deficit to the other team. Our bench could be our greatest asset this year.

Something to watch for will be the +/- of the bench players this year.
When the starters are on the bench (rest, foul trouble, poor shooting) can our 6-10 players hold the lead or even make up a deficit to the other team. Our bench could be our greatest asset this year.
That 6’10” thing had me concerned also, but I didn’t realize Jack is a seven footer. He will be B1G factor this year (no pun intended). In fact I expect his defensive abilities to exceed Garza’s.

Now if both of them are on the bench at the same time then your point is well taken.

That 6’10” thing had me concerned also, but I didn’t realize Jack is a seven footer. He will be B1G factor this year (no pun intended). In fact I expect his defensive abilities to exceed Garza’s.

Now if both of them are on the bench at the same time then your point is well taken.
Luka on the bench with foul trouble b/c our perimeter defenders can't stop dribble penetration is in the front of my mind. So much starts there and we don't have a proven track record. we are HOPING for better this year.
I watched Ill/Baylor last night and Dsumu (sp?) had a very bad night. It was because of the Baylor defense. They guarded him as a team, not relying on one on one defense.
They showed exactly how to nullify him, so I hope Fran is watching the tape on that game.
Dsumu has the ultimate scorers mentality= he wants to drive to the hoop or shoot EVERY POSSESSION! Left one on one he will dominate our guards at the perimeter. Baylor contested nearly every shot he took, for the most part. We need to make him be a passer, not a shooter, and take our chances with the rest of the team.

Luka on the bench with foul trouble b/c our perimeter defenders can't stop dribble penetration is in the front of my mind. So much starts there and we don't have a proven track record. we are HOPING for better this year.
I watched Ill/Baylor last night and Dsumu (sp?) had a very bad night. It was because of the Baylor defense. They guarded him as a team, not relying on one on one defense.
They showed exactly how to nullify him, so I hope Fran is watching the tape on that game.
Dsumu has the ultimate scorers mentality= he wants to drive to the hoop or shoot EVERY POSSESSION! Left one on one he will dominate our guards at the perimeter. Baylor contested nearly every shot he took, for the most part. We need to make him be a passer, not a shooter, and take our chances with the rest of the team.
Totally agree.

Latest posts